Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 12:05:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      william pechter ILEX <pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-hackers)
Subject:   Kermit inclusion with FreeBSD

Just saw the following posting from Columbia:

I wonder what it would take for FreeBSD to put Ckermit in /usr/bin?

Bill

>> In article <40g83f$q78@vassun0.macau.ctm.net>,
>> SAM, Chi-Kin  (Mr.) <cksam@macau.ctm.net> wrote:
>> >
>> >I should run on a HP. If it is available from U. of Columbia. Since
>> >Kermit was invented for so many year. If is almost impossible for the
>> >people at U. of Columbia to port a version of Kermit to HP versions of
>> >Unix.
>> >
>> C-Kermit for HP-UX, all versions from 5.21 through the latest 10.x,
>> is most definitely available from Columbia University.
>>
>> In fact, HP-UX 10.0 (and later) is delivered with C-Kermit installed in
>> the /bin directory, by contract with Columbia University, along with all
>> the supporting initialization files, etc.
>>
>> Other UNIX vendors should feel free to contact us to make similar
>> arrangements.
>>
>> - Frank

Bill Pechter |Systems Administrator  | N2RDI
Ilex Systems |170 Patterson Ave      | Shrewsbury, New Jersey 07702
908-532-2238 |pechter@sesd.ilex.com  | pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil