Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 1998 23:41:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@CS.Duke.EDU>
To:        Jasmine Yongqi Wang <jwang@cs.ubc.ca>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Net (FreeBSD.Org) List" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: boot error:Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

Jasmine Yongqi Wang writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > sorry for an incomplete messge just sent out by accident. The prob i
 > have met is:
 >
 > I was compiling FreeBSD with a Myrinet interface and it comiled and
 > linked without any error message. but when I boot, at the network
 > inititalizatin phase, there is page fault somehow. seems it can see the
 > Myrinet card but the dirver(?) is not installed correctly. sicne it

Yes, it sounds very much like that.  Since the myrinet card is not
supported by FreeBSD Inc, but by the hardware vendor please contact
them (help@myri.com).

Right now, they're either shipping the driver I wrote, or the one from
ISI.  Mail me the OS version you're using, the driver version you have
& the hardware you're running on and I'll see if I can help.  When you
reply, please drop freebsd-net from the CC list, I doubt there's much
general interest in this.

Drew