Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 1999 12:21:55 +0000 (GMT)
From:      rezidew@rezidew.net
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyrix, AMD, Intel

I have just bought two (new?) machines.

one is a AMD-K62 (350)
the other is a Cyrix MII (366)

I have several questions...

#1) how should I compile my kernel 'i[3456]86'?

#2) when I boot up the AMD with freebsd it's
    detected as a 586 running at some where around
    356.22MHz. Why only 586?

#3) when I boot up the Cyrix with OpenBSD it's
    detected as a 686 running at 251.36Mhz.
    should I expect the same with FreeBSD? why
    does this happen? is there something wrong
    with the processor?

#4) I have a Dual Processor Pentium-Pro-200.
    If I compile in SMP for that machine,
    on which of the three machines should I
    expect to see the best performance? (all
    things being equal)

Thanks in advance

--
Graphic Rezidew