Date:      Wed, 4 Aug 1999 08:39:10 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Jake Ott <jott@frii.net>
To:        Lutz Rabing <LutzRab@omc.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Loadbalance webservers

We use the Foundry Server Iron. (http://www.foundrynet.com)  It was a
little bit of a chore to setup, but its working great for load balanceing
all of our virtual domains. (600+).  We currently load balance over 2
servers, and we're looking at adding a third.  Performance wise, it's
pretty unbeatable for the price.  It balances by port, not by ip, so you
can fail certian ports on certian servers without anyone noticeing. (i.e.
fail just ftp not web)

-Jake
Systems Administrator
Front Range Internet