Date:      06 Nov 2002 18:12:09 -0600
From:      Andrew Y Ng <ayn@AndrewNg.com>
To:        Jose Marques <noway@nohow.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Laptop short list - and the winner is!

--=-XILZS2SMD4UygunPaEF5

On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 14:32, Jose Marques wrote:
> On 6 Nov 2002, Mike Harding wrote:
>=20
> > the new Macs seem much nicer, even for the same money, and draw less
> > power - if I didn't specifically have to support windows apps I would
> > get the Mac.
>=20
> VirtualPC?

yup, an iBook or PowerBook (if the $ isn't a problem) with Virtual PC
would be the way to go. My girlfriend has an iBook with Jaguar and that
was what prompted me to get rid of Windows totally on my laptop.
*anything* is better than Windows. I ran NetBSD for 4 years back in
school and I must say I was impressed how things improved in the open
source world in the 2 years I had Windows (too lazy to install something
else)...

Amazon actually just lowered their price for the iBook to some amazingly
low price, hard to resist... =3D)

--=20
andrew y ng  <ayn@andrewng.com>  http://andrewng.com

fingerprint :
46a1 29ff 893a 0381 dc81  1e1e bed8 e882 9bfc 594c

--=-XILZS2SMD4UygunPaEF5

--=-XILZS2SMD4UygunPaEF5--