Date:      Wed, 05 Apr 1995 22:12:37 +0000
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@star-gate.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SATAN ported??

Well, I compile perl5 and satan on my system.
As for what flaws satan showed on my:
Only, had to upgrade sendmail on my system and that was it.
  (Although, I have FreeBSD-current's sources I have not done a make world ).
The more secure sendmail is available in FreeBSD-current the one
on FreeBSD-2.0 has a well known security hole.

However, I did have problems with running satan on my system.
My system, star-gate.com, is connected to the Net via ppp to best.com .
When satan starts it tries to open a connection to my system :
star-gate.com:1175 or something like that and it hangs...

As a quick work around , I named my system localhost and after satan
had started , I selected target system. At  this point I switch over
to my registered name star-gate.com  and everything seems to work
afterwards.

Now the good news is that linux is not capable of running satan  at
least thats what the release note on satan said and there was
a "make freebsd " in the distribution :)

Cheers,
	Amancio