Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 05:51:22 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel build problem

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 10:46:24PM +1100, Darren Reed wrote:
> I'm generally compiling/developing on -STABLE (in this case, the
> imported code was compiling cleanly on 4.1-RELEASE) and generally don't
> think that it'll be _that_ different.

In all seriousness, the farther down the 4.x branch we get, the
divergence between -STABLE and -CURRENT gets *quite* different.  This is
unfortunate, but until we do major paid release engineering, many things
are MFC'ed that really could/should be to reduce the differences.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)