Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:03:01 -0500
From:      "Simon" <simon@optinet.com>
To:        "freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org>, "Jamie Ostrowski" <jamie@getsetnet.net>
Subject:   Re: Problem with keyboard on FreeBSD

I say this depends on your motherboard/keyboard. Some will allow you to
hot-(un)plug a keyboard/mouse/video and some won't. I've had instances
where I had to reboot the server to gain keyboard access. Although, lately,
using Supermicro only motherboards, I've never had it happen to me. I can
plug/unplug the keyboard as many times as I need to. Of course keyboard
is only used for troubleshooting/upgrading OS/accessing BIOS and alike.
Everything else is done remotely via ssh, why bother with keyboard?

-Simon