Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:46:21 +0000
From:      Keith Jones <keithj@sse0691.bri.hp.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hauppage WinTV Radio card: "unknown card" in dmesg

I'm having a couple of issues setting up a "WinTV PCI FM" tuner card under
FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE.

dmesg output can be found at:

(excerpt follows)

bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xdf000000-0xdf000fff irq 11 at device 17.0 on
pci0
iicbb0: <I2C generic bit-banging driver> on bti2c0
iicbus0: <Philips I2C bus> on iicbb0 master-only
smbus0: <System Management Bus> on bti2c0
bktr0: Hauppauge Model 44354 A321
bktr0: Detected a MSP3415D-B3 at 0x80
bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips FR1216 PAL FM tuner, msp3400c stereo,
remote control.
pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x109e, dev=0x0878) at 17.1 irq 11

The "unknown card" here looks like a second entry for the same physical
card, but what is it? Is the card supposed to report one entry for the TV
tuner and another for the FM tuner? Can this safely be ignored?

Additionally, while xmradio works fine with the card, fxtv refuses to play
ball in terms of generating any sound (the video works fine, just no audio
at all). The card works okay under Win98.

Is anyone able to shed any light on this?

Keith
--
Keith Jones
E-Business Service Introduction, GBIT-EMEA (Bristol)

I don't speak for Hewlett-Packard.