Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:41:18 +0100
From:      Walter Hop <walter@binity.com>
To:        Laurence Sanford <lauasanf@wilderness.dyn.dhs.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jdk13 port build error

> ===>  Building for jdk-1.3.1p6_2
> i386 Build started:   1.3.1-p6-lauasanf-020318-08:28
> ERROR: BOOTDIR does not point to a valid Java 2 SDK
>        Check that you have access to
>         /usr/local/linux-jdk1.3.1/bin/java
>        and/or check your value of ALT_BOOTDIR.

You have to install the binary "linux-jdk13" port, before building the
native "jdk13". Apparently a working java environment is needed to build
this port. (You can uninstall linux-jdk13 afterwards.)

A lot of people ask this question and I didn't understand it either the
first time; CC-d to the maintainers of the jdk13 port (java@freebsd.org)
so they can consider updating pkg-descr and the error message to include
a hint to installing linux-jdk1.3.1 before building jdk13. :)

thanks!
walter

--
 Walter Hop <walter@binity.com> | +31 6 24290808 | PGP keyid 0x84813998