Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 12:53:04 +0100 (BST)
From:      John Stumbles <J.D.Stumbles@reading.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Keyboard: no / Q&A section of the Hardware Guide??

In the 'Installing FreeBSD' part of the handbook -
	http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/x775.html
it says:

1.	Boot the kern.flp floppy and, when asked, remove it and insert
the mfsroot.flp floppy and hit return. After a boot sequence which can
take anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes, depending on your hardware,
you should be presented with a menu of initial choices. If the kern.flp
floppy does not boot at all, or the boot hangs at some stage, go read the
Q&A section of the Hardware Guide for possible causes.

OK so mine doesn't boot -- I get:
	/boot.config: -P
	Keyboard: no
	-
	BTX loader 1.00  BTX version is 1.01

(Bit confusing that, as I'm sure I was using a keyboard on the system a
moment ago, under DOS, to generate the boot floppies!)

So what about this "Q&A section of the Hardware Guide" - where is this
hardware guide (and it's in file handbook/x775.html - couldn't it be
hyperlinked?!)

At the moment I'm stuck: I've tried a different keyboard (both work under
DOS). I've tried the boot floppies on another machine (so I know FreeBSD
isn't a total lemon ;-) .... but it's a bit frustrating!

cheers

--
John Stumbles                                      j.d.stumbles@reading.ac.uk
I.T. Services Centre,   University of Reading  http://www.rdg.ac.uk/~visstmbl