Date:      Wed, 1 May 2019 08:39:21 +0200
From:      Andreas Perstinger <andipersti@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anchors on manpages

On 30.04.19 20:18, Florian Mayer wrote:
> I noticed that all the headings on FreeBSD manpages point to the anchor
> #end (e.g. clicking on EXAMPLES on the jemalloc manpage takes me to
> https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=jemalloc#end). It would be very
> convenient to be able to link to specific headings on a manpage.

You can actually link to the specific heading:
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=jemalloc#EXAMPLES

When you click on EXAMPLES it takes you to the end of the page where all
sections are listed. And clicking on a section there brings you back to
that section in the manpage.

I agree that the current behaviour is confusing. IMHO it would be better
to use the usual pilcrow (ΒΆ) permalink next to the section header text
as seen in many other online documentation.

Bye, Andreas