Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 1999 09:52:45 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp (Yoshinobu Inoue), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Should jail treat ip-number?

> >I have some concern about jail, and would like to discuss them.
> >
> >Currentlly jail set an ip-number and let prisoned processes
> >only to bind it.
> >My concerns are,
> >
> >(1)When IPv6 is added to the system, more general id would be
> >   desirable.
>
> I agree, *IF* IPv6 ever becomes a reality, we will look at this.

So when will you consider that it became a reality? :-) Or am I just
dreaming that some operating systems and routers ship with IPv6 and
that IANA, ARIN, APNIC and RIPE are dishing out IPv6 addresses and
that we are in the process of getting Kame integrated into FreeBSD? :-)

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za