Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 21:29:26 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        usb-bsd@egroups.com
Subject:   SMP problem? (was: Re: [usb-bsd] USB To Do list)

>To Do list for the USB project:
[...]
>- USB base stack and general items.

I am currently having trouble with Gigabyte GA-6BXD, dual Pentium III
motherboard.  If I boot a UP kernel (5.0-CURRENT), the PIIX4 USB
controller works fine.

If I boot a SMP kernel (the only difference from the UP kernel is
support for SMP), the kernel seems unable to communicate with the USB
device.  When I plug a USB keyboard, I get

uhci_timeout: ii=0xc0a601c0
uhci_timeout: ii=0xc0a601c0
uhci_timeout: ii=0xc0a601c0
usbd_new_device: addr=2, getting first desc failed
uhub_explore: usb_new_device failed, error=TIMEOUT
uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1

I vaguely remember someone also reported similar problems with the SMP
kernel in the past....

Interesting thing is that I have another SMP box, and its USB works fine.
The version is 4.0-STABLE.  The USB controller is VIA 83c572.

Kazu