Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 1998 22:59:18 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sub

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Wes Peters wrote:

>I'm glad *somebody* finally got that.  ;^)
>
>By the way, how did your system come to be named "weber"?  I (along with
>the illustrious Terry Lambert) am an alumus of Weber State University,
>but the spelling (and pronounciation "wee-bur") is rare outside, er,
>Weber County.

I think has to do with some sort of physics. Weber has the unit of
magnetic flux named in his honor. weber = tesla * m^2. I have always
called it Webber, but I also call Linux Line-ux. It is one of those things
I have only read and have never heard spoken by anyone who really knows
what is what.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/