Date:      Sun, 09 Jul 2000 14:38:49 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: /etc/rc.shutdown calls local scripts now

"Crist J. Clark" wrote:

> How about leave the usage of /usr/local/etc/rc.d the same as it is now
> and put the sysV style ones in /etc/rc.d or someplace else? In
> /etc/rc, there can be "local_startup" and "local_startup_old" lists
> that contain the directories which contain each type of script?

	Peter W. already suggested /usr/local/etc/rc.shutdown (or something to
that effect, I don't remember the name exactly). I would like to see the
shutdown scripts in a totally seperate directory. For those scripts that
work properly for startup and shutdown, hard or soft links can be used to
eliminate wasted space, and control start/stop order.

Doug