Date:      23 Aug 1998 04:10:44 +0200
From:      Michael Hohmuth <hohmuth@innocent.com>
To:        Torbjorn Granlund <tege@matematik.su.se>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netboot

Torbjorn Granlund <tege@matematik.su.se> writes:

> Anybody out there that has made netboot work with fxp or de 100baseTX cards?

There's a package called Etherboot ("archie etherboot") which is based
on Netboot and which contains a GPL'd Etherexpress 100 driver.
However, I think this driver can only be built under Linux; it would
require some hacking to make it compilable natively under FreeBSD.

On a related note, my group (at TU Dresden) also maintains a version
of the GRUB bootloader (see <URL:http://www.uruk.org/grub/>) into
which we have integrated (or rather, hacked) the Etherboot drivers.
Again, the networking support currently can only be built under Linux.

Michael
--
hohmuth@innocent.com, hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de
http://home.pages.de/~hohmuth/