Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:44:16 +0930 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        "J. Rodrigo Fernandez M." <rocket@datascan-site.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WinModem support?

On 17-Sep-2001 J. Rodrigo Fernandez M. wrote:
>  I have the same actiontec modem, but I had to edit manually the ltmdmsio.c
>  to add my modem, but I don't know how to get the right parameters.  I used
>  scanpci and got the vendor id and the device_bgn but I don't know how to get
>  the device_end.

device_bgn and device_end describe a range of device ID's.
So my modem ->
ltmdm0@pci8:8:0:        class=0x078000 card=0x24001668 chip=0x044811c1 rev=0x01
hdr=0x00

chip=0x044811c1

Which matches ->
    { 0x11c1, 0x0440, 0x045c, 0x00, "Lucent Win Modem" },

ie the vendor ID is the last 2 bytes (0x11c1), the first 2 are the device ID
(0x4481) which is between 0x0440 and 0x45c.

I guess for now just make device_bgn = device_end..

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum