Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 21:26:02 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Strange Apple Rumours

Sue Blake writes:
> On Mon, May 11, 1998 at 05:44:28PM -0400, Paul Griffith wrote:
> >

> > Take a look at www.macosrumors.com for a blow by blow of everything that
> > goes on at Apple's WWDC.
>
> That site is well known to contain deliberate misinformation. Its purpose
> is to entertain at the expense of the gullible, rather than to inform.
> They do throw a few verifiable statements in occasionally to keep the
> gullible gullible. If there were a good way to identify the true parts,
> from those which sound true, they would have failed to meet their objectives.

Yeah, macosrumors hinted at a $1k G3 PowerBook and all we got was a
$1295 G3 iMac.  :-(

THATS WHAT WE NEED TO DO! Lets start a www.freebsdrumors.com site!

Or maybe a bsdrumors site and we can pretend all the *BSD's are
fighting. Or SGI is about to drop Irix for BSD.

Or a linuxrumors site and we can portray all the linux distributions as
fighting. And just about to be bought out by Microsoft. NT 6.0 is going
to be Yet Another Linux Distribution with Mozilla as the GUI. :-)