Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:22:52 -0400
From:      Roger <rnodal@gmail.com>
To:        Jorge Biquez <jbiquez@icsmx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Development interface and editor

What do you mean by GUI interface? Do you mean desktop environment?

I would recommend you develop under whatever resembles the most your
production environment. (I believe you already do this).
The feature that I need the most out of my code editor is syntax
highlighting and the ability to chance color theme to accommodate mood
and lighting. I use gnome editor (gedit) and vim (when in the server)
. Eclipse is not bad, I use it at work because we use CVS and I can do
a lot of CVS operations under it. I just wish it was written in C/C++
or anything faster than Java because it is really CPU/Memory abuser in
my opinion.

What operating system are you using in your laptop?

-r