Date:      Fri, 06 Sep 2002 20:19:12 -0400
From:      "Kenneth Mays" <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -STABLE Frozen for 4.7

My point was for those developers using FreeBSD for OpenGL and other desktop
work where having an updated and stable GUI is nice. I would think Gnome
2.0.1 and KDE 3.0.3 would be used used over many ports/packages in the
distro. OpenSSH/OpenSSL are security concerns not taken lightly by network
people. Updated stable web browsers is a no brainer as well as good FTP
client/server and networking software (ie. TCPDUMP, traceroute). I was just
thinking of several FBSD releases that a few ports/packages were not
upgraded after several stable releases.

So it was just a concern if we took a little time and effort to scan through
the ports/packages and just "mention" an outdated version to the right
people. Hopefully, it'll get add before the official release of v4.7.

-K

P.S. Anyone for OpenGL 1.4? ;o)