Date:      Sat, 02 Apr 2005 11:49:54 -0600
From:      "Kyle S. Allender" <kylea@prismequine.com>
To:        <alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Digital Server 3300 hardware clock

I'm having a problem with FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE on a Digital Server 3300 (or
at least I think it's a 3300).  I converted this from an NT 4 server machine
almost 3 years ago and it's been running fine under 4.x/5.x for a very long
time.

However, one issue I've continually had with this machine is that the
hardware clock is off by almost 2 hours.  Ntpd can't keep the correct time
because the hardware clock is too far off.

I've tried various things, but for the life of me can't remember how to get
back to the correct console to reset the clock time.

Can someone out there on the list help me get this fixed?  I'd like to move
to 5.3 for this system, but want the clock fixed first (it's driving me
batty).

Any asisstance is greatly appreciated.

Thanx.

--