Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2017 18:53:46 +0200
From:      Mateusz Piotrowski <0mp@FreeBSD.org>
To:        soc-status@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        adrian@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [GSOC17] Porting 802.11n and 802.11ac support to iwm(4)

Hello,

In the past two weeks I focused on reading Linux iwlwifi/mvm and FreeBSD
iwm source code. As wireless device driver development is a fairly new
concept to me I spent most of my time on reading tutorials, articles and
code of existing solutions.

I am organizing my notes and bookmarks on FreeBSD website here [1]. If
you're interested in Wi-Fi driver development it is a good place to start.

Additionally, I actively participate in the FreeBSD Wi-Fi IRC channel.

802.11n support is being actively developed at the moment. Adrian and I
will discuss a todo list for the following weeks so hopefully I'll have
some more interesting news next week.

Cheers,

Mateusz Piotrowski

[1]: https://wiki.freebsd.org/MateuszPiotrowski/Drivers