Date:      Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:10:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Craig Boston <craig@xfoil.gank.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, acpi-jp@jp.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI + Compaq Armada m700

On 4 Dec 2002, Craig Boston wrote:
> I've been conversing with Paul off-list about this and it is working on
> his m700 now with a fixed AML file.  I'm posing my modified AML since
> there appear to be a few more people using current on the m700 now than
> the last time I checked (when it was 0 :).
>
> Impatient user version:
>
> 1. Put the attached acpi_dsdt.aml file in /boot/
> 2. Add these two lines to /boot/loader.conf:
>
> acpi_dsdt_load="YES"
> acpi_dsdt_name="/boot/acpi_dsdt.aml"

Can someone host a db of systems and asl patches?  It would be useful to
all users, not just freebsd.  The problem is that it is impossible to get
MB vendors to fix the dsdt when it 'works' on windows.

A separate script could take a patch, dump dsdt, compare patch header
against asl header (reject if for wrong system), and then compile the new
dsdt.  This way users wouldn't manually be mucking with
acpidump/iasl.  Even better, it could be done as an optional part of
installkernel.

-Nate