Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 1996 00:11:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        ray@dummy.tic.net.hk (Mr. Dummy Ray Chan)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question about dns

Lo and behold, Mr. Dummy Ray Chan once said:

>         Can u allocated a pri dns server for a sub-netted class C
> network? If so, how should I edit those bind files in order to
> represent the sub-net? Also, where can I get those info?

   You may wish to purchase the O'Reilly book "DNS and Bind."  It's a
very good intro to dealing with DNS and other fun games.  Barring that,
do a web search for some introductory information about it.  The DNS
server, except for reverse namelookups, doesn't care what the subnets
look like.  It just handles name to address mapping.  Perhaps I'm missing
your question a bit, though.

 -Dave Andersen

--
angio@aros.net                Complete virtual hosting and business-oriented
system administration         Internet services.  (WWW, FTP, email)