Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 1998 15:29:28 -0400
From:      Roman Katsnelson <romank@graphnet.com>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG, nik@iii.co.uk
Subject:   Re: Wow!

nik@iii.co.uk wrote:

> How do,
>
> [cc'd to -questions and -doc, reply-to set to -doc]
>
> On Thu, Jul 09, 1998 at 12:38:59PM -0400, Roman Katsnelson wrote:
> > Three weeks ago I used FreeBSD (or should I say $40-feeBSD? ;-)  for the
> > first time. Now I feel like its my baby. ;) I have been a faithful Linux
> > follower for about two years up to then, and have had a little Solaris
> > exposition too. FreeBSD rocks them so hard!
>
> You wouldn't be interested in helping out over at the FreeBSD
> Documentation Project would you?
>
> One of the things we're missing as far as documentation goes is "FreeBSD
> if you're used to Linux". I guess there are lots of things (like the shell
> difference that you've just bumped into) that can confuse a Linux user
> when they first try FreeBSD, and it would be nice to have a document to
> point them at that explains where the Linux equivalent of things are.
>
> Interested? As someone new to FreeBSD but with a Linux background you're
> just the sort of person who would be able to do a good job of this.
>
> If so, please come and join us over on the freebsd-doc mailing list (and
> if there's anyone else on -questions who thinks they could help out with
> that as well, please subscribe as well).
>
> Cheers,

> --
> Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
> Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need
> Play: nik@freebsd.org                     | Microsoft?

hi,

Would love to help if I could. I am _not,_  however anywhere near 'guru'
status on either linux or fbsd. Just a little more familiar with one than the
other.

But I will be happy to contribute what I can, if you still want me to. ;)

Roman

--
        |   Roman Katsnelson                      |
      _ |   Internet Engineer                     | _