Date:      Thu, 29 Feb 1996 10:05:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        invalid opcode <coredump@nervosa.com>, terry@lambert.org, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, jkh@time.cdrom.com, root@dihelix.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quake's out, where's that Linux ELF emulation?

On Thu, 29 Feb 1996, Terry Lambert wrote:

> > > America On Line.
> > >
> > > We need AOL client software.
> > > 					Terry Lambert
> >
> > I would say less than .5% of AOL users are running any kind of unix.
>
> Would you say that this statistic is the result of there being no UNIX
> client software whatsoever (I'd personally say 0% 8-)), or would you
> say that UNIX users don't use AOL?

Personally, I'd like to see a CompuServe front-end (BSDCIM?) for
FreeBSD.  IMHO, CompuServe is the one service provider which still has
CONTENT rather than just positioning themselves as a "gateway to the
Internet."  Interestingly, both AOL and CompuServe are fully accessible
through TCP/IP so you can access them both through your existing Internet
provider (again, this makes AOL a bit redundant, eh?)

But it's not important, since the only reason I rejoined CompuServe was
for the WinNT 4.0 beta forum, and so I end up accessing it from Windows
NT..  Oddly enough, Microsoft continues to support their products best on
CompuServe, not MSN..  :-)

---Jake