Date:      Wed, 02 May 2001 20:42:32 +0200
From:      Keppler <keppler@satimex.tvnet.hu>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   printing

Hi!

1., I'm using apsfilter to print out dvi files in an Epson FX 1050 dot
matrix printer.
If the printer needs the next sheet of paper, the whole system seems to
freeze. I can not use the X environment, or swich into an other virtual
terminal while I don't give that paper for my printer.
The printed output is fine, and the system goes well after the end of
the printing process, but theese freezing makes me nervous.

2., Yesterday I mounted a read only floppy, and copied some files into
my home directory. After the copy the system said two times, that "he"
cannot write something into my floppy (note: the floppy was read only)
and then the whole system crashed.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Istvan from Hungary