Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 19:24:48 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Sascha Klauder <sklauder@ibd-web.de>
To:        fonvi@easynet.fr (Marc Fonvieille)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, phthin@club-internet.fr
Subject:   Re: 4.0-RELEASE, Netgear FA410TXC, device timeout [Long Solution]

On Tue Jun 20 14:06:32 2000, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> Now my Netgear FA410TXC runs fine!!!
> Well, here's the solution:

Marc, that rocks! Altough I have a D-Link DFE-650TX, your patch and the
fa_select.c works pretty well. The card has shown the same symptoms as
described by you (I've got garbled MAC adresses, negiotiating failed
etc). I was almost at the stage to throw it away, but now it runs fine.
Thank you very much!

> 	The card MAC address is written on the card (Node ID), mine is
> 	00 E0 98 7A F5 61. By default the ed driver doesn't detect the
> 	good type of card and so the correct MAC address.

That's interesting, mine has 00:E0:98:77:56:1B, so it looks they use
the same LAN chipset.

[fa_select.c snipped]
> 	where device is: ed0, ed1...
> 	      rate is:  0	for 10BaseT
> 	      		1	for 10Base2 (full duplex)
> 			2	for 100BaseT
> 			3	for 100Mbit  (full duplex)

Connected to a D-Link DFE-908x hub (10/100), it only works at 10BaseT
correct. I can select 100BaseT (it's a 100Mb card), but then the
Ln/Act-LED on the media coupler is blinking all the time and I've got
net timeouts.

Cheers,
-sascha