Date:      Wed, 01 May 1996 10:13:05 -0400
From:      Joel Kelmenson <joel@quicklink.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiple disks for news server?

I would like to thank everyone who replyed to my question
about the best setup for a news server.  All of your input
was most valuable.  This is a great forum!

I try not to post any questions in this list unless I can't
find the answers from the archives from this list.

        >Joe Greco wrote:>
        >Remember the golden news rule,
        >MORE DRIVES TRANSLATES INTO MORE THROUGHPUT.
        >You would rather have four 2GB Hawk
        >drives than two 4GB Barracuda's.

My question is, how do I span the news over multiple disks.

I have seen some answers to this but it was a little to tech.
for me to get a good understanding where to start.  If someone
could shed some light on this I would once again be very grateful.

Examples would also be helpful, if possible.

Joel