Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 1998 16:41:16 -0400
From:      Jerry Hicks <jhicks@glenatl.glenayre.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, dag-erli@ifi.uio.no, myke@ees.com
Subject:   Re: Making a local FreeBSD distribution?

No... something seems broken with 'make release' on -stable just lately

Mine just failed at the same spot (i've been building releases for some time)

.
.
.

 /usr/lib/compat/libtermcap.so.3.0 /usr/lib/compat/libtermlib.so.1.1 /usr/lib/compat/libtermlib.so.2.1 /usr/lib/compat/libtermlib.so.3.0 /usr/lib/compat/libutil.so.1.1 /usr/lib/compat/libutil.so.2.2 /usr/lib/compat/libvgl.so.1.0 /usr/lib/compat/libxpg4.so.2.0 /usr/lib/compat/liby.so.1.1 /usr/lib/compat/liby.so.2.0 /usr/lib/compat/libz.so.2.0
+ ldconfig /usr/lib
ldconfig: WARNING! '/usr/lib' can not be used
*** Error code 255

Stop.

----

I run cvsup-mirror on this system and checked out a fresh copy of /usr/src
using 'cvs checkout -P -r RELENG_2_2 src'

Off to the commitlogs...

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
jhicks@glenatl.glenayre.com