Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:22:32 +0100
From:      Shaun Jurrens <shaun@shamz.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: building en_US.ISO8859-1 docs seems to fail

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 09:39:01PM -0800, Murray Stokely wrote:
#>   What version of the DocBook stylesheets are you using?  I seem to
#> remember seeing this error on another platform with a recent
#> stylesheet release.  I'm running 1.73 here without any troubles.
#>
#>   Are these packages installed from ports?  I have never had jade or
#> openjade dump core.

	The newer dsssl files helped, but the coredumps stopped on jade only
after compiling it with just -O, perhaps a fix in the port like in the
openjade port is in order, i.e. overriding normal make.conf optimizations
back to -O (-pipe).  C++ optimizations didn't seem to affect performance in
this way, i.e.: CXXFLAGS+= -fmemoize-lookups -fsave-memoized (from
/etc/make.conf)

	All in all, it seems to work now as intended. Thanks for the help.
#>
#>   I might suggest installing a clean version of textproc/docproj (and
#> all its dependencies) if you are indeed using older versions of the tools.
#>
#> 	 - Murray
#>

--