Date:      Wed, 02 May 2001 18:11:38 -0700
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sha1 support in md5(1)

Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu> writes:
> On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 11:37:19PM +0200, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> [..]
> > des@des ~% ln -s $(which openssl) rmd160
> > des@des ~% ./rmd160 /boot/kernel/kernel
> > RIPEMD160(/boot/kernel/kernel)= eab7dceb96a2492faee5cd3984affc05fe2afc63
>
> Anyway, in light of this, I'll have to lean with DES.  If anything, you

Me too.  When I wrote the patch I had functionality in mind, not the
reinvention of the wheel.  Since we apparently already have this
functionality, that's fine with me.

> could just add a couple LINKS to openssl.  In fact, it seems the md5(1)

Not really necessary.  It's not that hard to do `openssl md5` or
`openssl sha1`.  No need to pollute [/usr]/[s]bin with gratuitous
links.

Thanks,

					Dima Dorfman
					dima@unixfreak.org