Date:      Sun, 2 Oct 2005 20:45:08 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NDIS wlan driver trouble, 6.0Beta5, DELL D610, Broadcom 4320 miniPCI

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 11:35:14AM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> Andreas Klemm wrote:
>
> > Maybe you have an idea, which of these files might be firmware:
>
> > -rwxr-xr-x  0 root  wheel    369024 Dec  6  2004 bcmwl5.sys
> > -rwxr-xr-x  0 root  wheel     25674 Dec  6  2004 bcmwl5a.inf
>
> Andreas,
>
> I have a similar card in my D800, you want those two files. ndisgen will
> build a module called bcmwl5_sys.ko. Move that to /boot/modules, do 'kldxref
> /boot/modules'. Make sure that the ndis driver is NOT loaded, then kldload
> bcmwl5_sys and do 'ifconfig ndis0 up'.
>
> If that doesn't work for you, something is desperately wrong.

Thanks Doug, already running ...

Now I only need a clever way to incorporate all right settings
into /etc/rc.conf syntax including DHCP.

Do you have something handy Doug ?

I want the DHCP statement plus ssid, wpa, channel, etc

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 5.4
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/