Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 1997 11:21:00 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Adept <adept@cep.yale.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TP701 and APM

> > After a recent desire to repartition my hard drive, I reinstalled 2.2.2-R
> > on my Thinkpad 701.
> >
> > Now what is odd, is that everytime I disable the power cord, the system
> > sits down and the kernel locks up.
> >
> > However, other APM events are just fine.  I've disabled the apm support in
> > the bios but I still have problems..  I'm open to ideas.

If APM supported is truly disabled, then there's no reason for the
kernel to shutdown, since nothing will be generated to shut it down.

My suspicion is that your APM BIOS is either out-of-date, or buggy, or
both.  Check IBM's WWW to see if there is an update to your BIOS that
may fix the problem.

Nate