Date:      Sun, 18 Nov 2012 22:11:58 -0500
From:      grarpamp <grarpamp@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD needs Git to ensure repo integrity [was: 2012 incident]

>> grarpamp
>> the various good uses for nyms.

> cpghost@cordula.ws
> I hope you realize whom you're trying to lecture here!
> Joerg Wunsch is a highly appreciated long-time FreeBSD contributor

Of course. No one here has any question as to anyone's FreeBSD
participation. That would be silly :) I merely contest the suggestion
that nyms have little to no utility, that people need moderate their
usage alone in public, and that those using them are somehow lessers.
I won't fail to defend general anti-nym opinion or guidance, particularly
when wafted in this general direction.

> Now, back to our regular programming.

Yes, about this lack of a self-authenticating repo, etc. [1]
It is good to see some discussion forming around it :)

[1] Or whatever it may better be called.
Put another way... we can't yet say, in the strong cryptographic
sense, that anyone has a true copy of the repo. Or that the repo
is itself internally tamper free and/or tamper proof. And so on as
applied down the production and distribution chain. The repo
does face certain risks. And Git appears as if it may be one
way to mitigate them.