Date:      Fri, 05 May 2000 17:28:04 +0300
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@altavista.net>
To:        mi@privatelabs.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/18389: PostgreSQL-7 port fails to build package -- wrong  PLIST?, etc.

mi@privatelabs.com wrote:

> On  5 May, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> = Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> =
> = > >Confidential:   yes
> = >
> = >         It seems, that  a bunch of tcl files are  not installed, but
> = >         are expected  by the PLIST.tcl  . Also, the  port, probably,
> = >         should not require Tk, since  the software builds pgtclsh by
> = >         default. Tk is usually run-time loadable anyway.
> =
> = This PR worth almost nothing w/o a patch
>
> This is no way to treat a problem report. The port needs to be marked as
> NO_PACKAGE or  some such with a  clear explanation, that the  problem is
> known, and someone is working on it.

Sorry if I offended you, but your Description field is highly unclear. In
general it is better not only establish a fact that the problem exist but
provide possible solution in the form of a patch or verbal explanation as well.

> =(as well as your previous ports/18388).
>
> This was a submission of a NEW  port. What kind of patch do you expect?!
> The last section offered a nice and clear URL
>         http://virtual-estates.net/tcltls-port.shar.bz2
> to the compressed  shar-ball of the new port. I  found it very difficult
> to extract shar-balls submitted by myself  and other inside the PRs from
> the web-form, where many symbols are replaced according to HTML rules (<
> -- &gt;, > --  &lt;, etc.), and switched to the  practice of passing the
> reference instead of the value.

OOPS, it was definitely my fault - I had been mislead by the bz2 extension and
supposed that this is distfile's URL. Sorry. Anyway using bzip2 for port
submission is impractical (at least until your port is less than 2-3MB long ;)
since bzip2 is not part of the base system yet.

> = Also I'm unclear why this PR should be confidential????
>
> Oops, that was a mistake. Poor editing, sorry,

-Maxim