Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 1999 10:53:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <robert@cyrus.watson.org>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mar  7 17:56:53 fledge /kernel: pid 7887 (ftpd), uid 14: exited on , signal 11

% last .... | ...
ftp ftp 128.2.91.224 Sun Mar 7 17:56 still logged in
%

Fortunately, that was me.  Unfortunately, I have no idea what I did that
caused that, because I ftp'd in anonymously like 60 times last night.  The
only thing I can think of is when I put something in an exceeded a
quota--however, I just tried that again and no go.  I'm still trying to
reproduce it, but in case someone wants to go audit the ftpd code, there
is apparently something there to find.

That was under a very recent 2.2-stable.

  Robert N Watson

PGP key fingerprint: 03 01 DD 8E 15 67 48 73  25 6D 10 FC EC 68 C1 1C

Carnegie Mellon University            http://www.cmu.edu/
TIS Labs at Network Associates, Inc.  http://www.tis.com/
Safeport Network Services             http://www.safeport.com/