Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:57:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi@corbulon.video-collage.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: troubles with recent -current

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Mikhail Teterin wrote:

> Hi! I'm experiencing an increasing amount of problems here, and will try
> to list them below. Some of this may be well known already, but,
> hopefully, something will be usefull.
>
> Unless I set rc_ng to NO, the ypbind will not start, even though
> enable_nis_client is set and "Starting ypbind" is displayed on boot.

Locally, I discovered that the hard dependency of ypbind on rpcbind now
seems to be broken.  Try setting rpcbind_enable="YES" explicitly in
rc.conf and see if that helps.  Gordon already has a bug report from me on
this and has plans to resolve it.  This is true of some other RPC
dependencies also.

robert@fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories