Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 1996 03:37:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Gary Stern <gstern@pobox.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-isp@freebsd.org" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Radius

On Wed, 7 Aug 1996, Gary Stern wrote:
> Just wondering where there is a radius port for FreeBSD located.

Prolly in /ports/net/radius, but if you can't add -lcrypt to the LIBFLAGS,
I'll warn you that you'll probably be in for a ride.  Most of the usefull
things that you can do with radius require site specific code.

I'm in the process of cleaning up my hacked up copy of radius to work with
my Max 400xs, and when I started I had no idea how um... involved radius
would be.  But, its kinda nifty now, as I've almost got it set so it can
autodetect b/t PAP and shell logins with out prefixes or suffixes to the
username.

Radius is cool, but don't be afraid to get your fingers dirty.

Have a good one.

| Matthew N. Dodd   | winter@jurai.net    | http://www.jurai.net/~winter    |
| Technical Manager | mdodd@intersurf.net | http://www.intersurf.net        |
| InterSurf Online  | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|