Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:54:10 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        gcorcoran@rcn.com
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Atheros card in HP Pavilion dv5000

In message: <45B042E3.4090205@rcn.com>
            Gary Corcoran <gcorcoran@rcn.com> writes:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > What do I need to do to get around the ***STUPID*** bios restriction
: > that is in my HP Pavilion dv5000?  I have a broadcom unit:
: >
: > none3@pci6:2:0: class=0x028000 card=0x1358103c chip=0x431914e4 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
: >     vendor   = 'Broadcom Corporation'
: >     device   = 'Dell Wireless 1470 DualBand WLAN'
: >     class    = network
:
: Just out of curiosity...
:
: Did your HP notebook really come with a _Dell_ wireless card in it?
: ;-)

No.  That's just pciconf -lv's idea of what it is...  My guess is that
it is an OEM card that somehow attracted Dell's name to it in the
database...

Warner