Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 00:44:00 +0000
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@sour.cream.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, rkw@Dataplex.NET
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CTM Release Generation - (Re: Stable and CTM)

At 15:44 26/10/98 -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>Actually, I could in all honesty probably even get the computer and
>network resources together to do this here at freebsd.org (or one of
>our donor-ISP machines), the principal missing element being the
>manpower to care for it and keep it running (as jdp and others do for
>cvsupd, for example).  Mark and Ulf seemed to have it in hand for
>awhile, though now it seems that Mark's back to building them in ZA or
>something without Ulf's ISP resources - I honestly have no idea.  What
>I do know is that if someone came forward and said "I wish to be CTM
>meister - I will make sure it runs and be a point of contact in the
>times when it stops doing so if someone will give me the CPU and disk
>resources.  CPU and disk resources are cheap(er) now - if a committed
>and able volunteer became available, I'm sure something could be
>worked out WRT that.

I would like nothing more then to step forward and say "ME!", believe me. I
actually would enjoy taking up a role such as this and giving something
back to FreeBSD.

Two things stop me from doing so. Firstly, I don't think I have the
technical experience to "care for it and keep it running". I've only be
using FreeBSD for a short while, with little unix experience before that. I
could learn, but that's no instant solution.

Secondly, I'm in a _really_ important year of my education. You know the
"these exams determine your path for the rest of your life" type year. I
don't have a tremendous amount of spare time, and I couldn't take on
something like this without knowing how much of a pull on my time it would
make.

I could perhaps take up half-a-role and share responsibility with someone
else.

Is anyone else interested?

P.S. Tom Rush <tom@chattpiano.com> has sent me a script which he has
written which may assist in creating the release deltas. Contact him or
myself if it might be of use.

--
Andrew Boothman <andrew@sour.cream.org>
http://sour.cream.org