Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:45:34 -0600
From:      Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mozilla plugin and native JDK 1.3.1p6.

On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 10:00:26PM +0200, Jeremy Lea wrote:

   Hi Jeremy,

> 0.9.8_1,1.  I'm worried that this might be one of the changes I made to the
> port.  It looks like there's no simple answer, and I'm going to have to
> debug things...

	I don't think Mozila 0.9.8 is the problem. I have that loaded now
   at work, and, so far as I can tell, the java_vm does as it should. The
   problem is that the work machine is behing a proxy server, but the
   server isn't used, so no reponses are ever received.

	At home, I have a direct connect, and things work more or less ok.
   (The word games at Merriam-Webster [www.m-w.com] don't work, but the
   camera at This Old House does work).

> Is this with green threads or native threads?  The port failed to build with
> native threads for me...

	I am running green threads on 4.4 (Nov. 20) at work, 4.5-RELEASE
   at home. I am working on getting my laptop to 4.5-STABLE, Moz 0.9.8 and
   jdk13p6.

> Can you try the latest port (I committed some changes just over 24 hours
> ago), and 1. See if the plugin works, and 2. If it doesn't build, please
> report the build error that you got...  I'll fix it for you.

	I installed jdk13p6 from the 02/14 install. As I said above,
   it seems to work. The java_vm process is visible.

							Bruce