Date:      	Thu, 11 Sep 1997 12:58:00 +0200
From:      Jos Backus <jos@oce.nl>
To:        angasprk@dove.net.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD compatability with SCO

In message <34163242.4C16@dove.net.au> you wrote:
>I have a DG AViion with DGUX running progress databases and I am
>considering changing to FreeBSD on a Pentium Pro 200.  How good is the
>SCO emulation on FreeBSD (Progress does not run on FreeBSD but is
>available for SCO).

7.3C13 seems to run just fine here on 2.2-STABLE (although I haven't tested it
extensively (yet)). You need to put SCO's /shlib in /compat/ibcs2/shlib (not
quite sure about the latter).

8.x won't run because of the OS API changes SCO made and PSC used, afaik.

I really wish PSC would port to *BSD *sigh*

Groetjes,
Jos
--
Jos Backus                 _/  _/_/_/                        CIM-ISGA/IS
                          _/  _/   _/              Oce-Technologies B.V.