Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:39:41 +0100
From:      "D. Rock" <rock@cs.uni-sb.de>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NFS v3 issue

With NFS v3 there seem still to be some open issues.
Im running the latest (4.0)-current with the new vm/NFS changes.
While I haven't found any problems with NFSv2 so far, v3 still seems to make
trouble.

I noticed the error some months ago, while my /usr/obj was NFS mounted, and
a build failed while making termcap.db. Today, I gave it another try.
I copied /usr/src/share/termcap into an NFS mounted directory and did
a "make". I compared the output of termcap.db with the one build on the local
drive.
While the NFS mounted one was only 1077760 bytes in size, the correct
size (from the local build) should be 1245184 bytes. I did the build
several times, everytime I got the same values. I then remounted the
direcory NFSv2. Now the build produced the right file (in size and content).

The NFS Server is a Solaris 7 machine.

Can anyone else confirm this error?

Daniel