Date:      Sat, 3 Dec 2005 08:07:54 -0800
From:      "P. Durante" <shackan@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Automatic bluetooth device initialization

Hi,
I'm writing a daemon which takes advantage of dbus to manage bluetooth
devices, until now I focused development mainly on linux but I'm
keeping all the bluez-specific bits in a layer on its own and I'm
investigating the possibility of a freebsd layer as well. From the
source code of hccontrol and sdpcontrol it seems that the programming
paradigm is not very different from the one used for linux (although
your bt stack has nothing or little in common with bluez), but there's
a substantial difference I've stumbled upon today: in bluez it is
possible to open a "control connection" with the bt stack and use this
socket to asynchronously read stack internal events (like device
added/removed), I used those events to trigger my daemon to send dbus
signals and initialize some internal data structures which expose a
bluetooth device over dbus, I'd like to know if something similar is
available in the freebsd stack as well.

regards,
Paul