Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 2008 14:06:28 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [FreeBSD] Fix for ServerWorks HT1000 in upcoming 7.1?

At 12:40 PM 10/1/2008, Fernan Aguero wrote:
>Thanks for the tip.
>
>Unfortunately, the PowerEdge SC1435 BIOS does not allow much
>options here ... I can set the embedded SATA to 'ATA mode'
>(corruption hell, tested with 7.1 BETA) or just turn it
>'OFF' in which case the FreeBSD installer sees no disk
>present.

>This is on BIOS v1.1.2. A newer v1.4.4 is available and I'm
>now researching how to update the BIOS to see if that helps.

Wow, thats too bad. Hopefully a newer BIOS will let you put the
controller in SATA mode.

> > Start with
> >
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org//pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/7.1/7.1-BETA-i386-disc1.iso
>
>I've used the amd64 version ... don't know if that makes any
>difference, though.

It wont make a difference in terms of the SATA/PATA issue.  However,
once you get that fixes, you should be able to install the AMD64
image just fine.  I would check the USB settings as well to make sure
the "hand off mode" is disabled.

         ---Mike