Date:      Wed, 10 Aug 2022 16:53:06 +0200
From:      Rodrigo Osorio <ros@bebik.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [www/chimeracord] port of my unofficial discord client

--------------70ywaqr80SWJiJZr2WhlF8n3

On 8/10/22 15:56, Fernando wrote:
> I made an unofficial discord using electron and wanting to put it in
> the official freeBSD repositories,
> it stages, installs, and packages with no issues, I even have a
> pre-built binary,
>

> git (port): https://github.com/RoboChimera/ChimeraCordBSDPORTS
> git (source): https://github.com/RoboChimera/ChimeraCord

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for you submission, I take a quick look and see
a couple of missing stuffs such as the distfile location.
To make it simple I chose to use the the github facility.

Just by adding the following lines after the BUILD_DEPENDS bloc:

  * USE_GITHUB= yes
    GH_ACCOUNT= RoboChimera
    GH_PROJECT= ChimeraCord
    GH_TAGNAME= 1ed63ff

After that there is some changes to do in the install script,
to start, no need to perform the git clone, USE_GITHUB does it
for you.

After that there is a couple of fixes to do in the install process
when you can use variable such as WRKSRC.

I recommend you to take a look at the porter handbook, to see how to
improve your port (https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/porters-handbook)

Also, you can submit a review of your port using our phabricator
(https://reviews.freebsd.org/) the details about how to use are here:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/Phabricator.

Happy hacking,
-- rodrigo

--------------70ywaqr80SWJiJZr2WhlF8n3

  <head>
  </head>
cite="mid:FUdEBJusomHbsAZT7CCmme6I3-C56Zbu4t1wNyM_MujgQ_DynzReLwhc_JQg2ot-WcpV-vqNiNxxmsS6KzEWYNbGsZAha7a6u3WmsqQVUtk=@protonmail.com">
        unofficial discord using electron and wanting to put it in the
        official freeBSD repositories, <br>
        installs, and packages with no issues, I even have a pre-built
        binary,</div>
            target="_blank" rel="noreferrer nofollow noopener"
            href="https://github.com/RoboChimera/ChimeraCordBSDPORTS"
            target="_blank" rel="noreferrer nofollow noopener"
            href="https://github.com/RoboChimera/ChimeraCord"
      a couple of missing stuffs such as the distfile location.<br>
      To make it simple I chose to use the the github facility.</p>
    <ul class="list-style-none f6" style="box-sizing: border-box;
      padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; font-size:
      12px !important; list-style: none !important; color: rgb(36, 41,
      47); font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, &quot;Segoe
      UI&quot;, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, &quot;Apple Color
      Emoji&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI Emoji&quot;; font-style: normal;
      font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
      font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align:
      start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space:
      normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width:
      0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);
      text-decoration-thickness: initial; text-decoration-style:
      initial; text-decoration-color: initial;">
      <li class="d-inline-block mt-1 mr-2 text-mono" style="box-sizing:
        border-box; margin-top: 4px !important; margin-right: 8px
        !important; font-family: ui-monospace, SFMono-Regular, &quot;SF
        Mono&quot;, Menlo, Consolas, &quot;Liberation Mono&quot;,
        monospace !important; display: inline-block !important;">USE_GITHUB=
        yes<br>
        GH_ACCOUNT= RoboChimera<br>
        GH_PROJECT= ChimeraCord<br>
        GH_TAGNAME= 1ed63ff</li>
    </ul>
      to start, no need to perform the git clone, USE_GITHUB does it<br>
      for you.</p>
      process<br>
      when you can use variable such as WRKSRC.<br>
      I recommend you to take a look at the porter handbook, to see how
      to<br>
      improve your port
      (<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/porters-handbook">https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/porters-handbook</a>)<br>;
      (<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://reviews.freebsd.org/">https://reviews.freebsd.org/</a>) the details about how to use are