Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 00:33:40 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>, Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Deadlock with vinum raid5

On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 07:41:54AM +0930, Greg Lehey wrote:
> On Sunday,  2 April 2000 at 22:22:39 +0200, Søren Schmidt wrote:
> > It seems Bernd Walter wrote:
> >>
> >> Can you please explain what have massivly changed in current that relates
> >> to vinum?
> >
> > The changes done by phk to seperate out the io stuff from struct
> > buf.

Yes but as the time being he only did some small changes as a preparation
for the bigger ones still coming.
If that were massivly changes I can't imagine the words to describe what
the future brings...

> Alfred and Bernd came up with fixes that seem to work.  I still need
> to review them, but I'm in the process of installing an up-to-date
> -CURRENT on my test box.  Watch this space.

I'm running current with striped and R5 on alpha and Niels Chr. Bank-Pedersen
checked this for striping on i386 - I asume Alfred also did.
Afaik no degraded R5 tests yet but they should work as before.

--
B.Walter                  COSMO-Project              http://www.cosmo-project.de
ticso@cicely.de             Usergroup                info@cosmo-project.de