Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 18:16:51 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        jackv@earthling.net, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCO revamps UnixWare with Linux features

At 9:43 PM +0000 2/23/99, Terry Lambert wrote:
>> I don't know whether you just took a wrong turn on your way to the
>> gents or something, but this is not the linux-advocacy list.  By the
>> logic(?) I see being displayed in your own selections, we might just
>> as well start posting Microsoft's NT press releases here since NT is
>> obviously the bigger competitor.
>
>I think that NT isn't getting as much press as Linux, or he would.
>
>Basically, I view Jack's postings as "here's an advocacy project".

They strike me as more of "here's the complete press release about
something related to Linux, without a single word (either in the
press release or from Jack) about how this relates to freebsd".

I can imagine these messages could be intended to help freebsd
advocacy in some way, if Jack would have at least mentioned a
connection, so the messages did not irritate me the way they
seemed to have irritated Jordan.  Still, I do not see freebsd
advocacy as a place for people to copy complete press releases
about every operating system EXCEPT FreeBSD, in some imagined
effort to "encourage" us to write stuff about freebsd.

Similarly, I do not expect freebsd-current to contain a million
answers to programming questions about WindowsNT, under the guise
of "encouraging" us to write more programs for FreeBSD.

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute